Tuesday 3 January 2012

Review: Liz Earle Skincare

When I was about 13 or 14 years of age, I was visited by my great Aunt Delia from Australia, and her daughter Aliesha. They came to stay with us for about three weeks and we so much enjoyed having them. There was one thing that they both taught me, and it is something that I will never forget.
They taught me the importance of looking after your skin. Before, I would wash my face with no real significance, but Auntie Delia told me what I should be doing, and that if I looked after my skin, it would really show when I got older.  It really did affect me, especially with my outlook when it comes to make-up, plastic surgery and similar things, I very much believe in growing old gracefully.
Since then, I have been trying to find suitable products for my skin. I have tried all sorts! I have quite combination skin really, it isn’t sensitive at all, so I am quite lucky really.  I do however have quite spot prone, teenager type skin… still. All through my teenage years I thought to myself, oh I will grow out of this, yet getting well in to my twenties, it is still plaguing me!  I was thankful that  my skin did seem to clear slightly at the end of my pregnancy, and lasted for a few months after, but it did return.
So when I was visiting a fellow blog a few weeks ago, I saw a review of Liz Earle’s skincare range. The review was outstanding, so in a rut with my skin once again, I thought it might be worth giving them a go.
The Liz Earle website is very informative.  I managed to find a detailed skin regime that was tailored to my type of skin suggesting a range of products to use. I ordered every product that was recommended (in a trial size I may add!), thinking that if I am going to do this, I might as well do it properly.

My order arrived and everything was individually wrapped, looking very cute! I immediately went to the bathroom and had a go with my lovely new products, even though it was three in the afternoon. Firstly, I used the ‘Hot Cleanse and Polish’ cleanser with the muslin cloth, exfoliating scrub followed by the Toning Spritz and finished off with the Light Moisturizer, suggested for combination skin.
Immediately, my skin felt like it was glowing. It just felt clean. The cleanser did most of the work, and I used the exfoliator for my particularly dry bits. The toner refreshed instantly, and the light moisturizer was like food for my skin. All of the products just smell so beautiful, Papa Bee commented on the smell of my face straight away!

In my parcel was a complimentary sachet of their new tinted moisturizer. I was a little reluctant to even try this product, as I don’t often wear makeup, especially not a foundation type makeup. I have very fair skin and end up looking like a tangerine, make up is certainly not my forte. However, we were going out for the evening so I thought I would make some kind of effort and try this tinted moisturizer/foundation. I was pleasantly surprised. It was very thin, which meant that even with my fair skin, I could blend it nicely, which is saying something as I am not good at applying make-up!  I liked it so much that I am actually going to get some when I place my next order!
I have been using the Liz Earle skincare products for about a month now, and I have definitely seen a difference in my skin. It seems to be much cleaner and it doesn’t feel stiff in this cold weather. I am yet to see whether it has dramatically reduced my spot situation, but I can tell that they are much easier to manage now I am using the Liz Earle products, especially the Spot-On stick.
My little trial tubes are getting low now and I am definitely going to replenish my supply. I have already been to John Lewis for a large tube of Cleanse and Polish and Moisturizer (they have depleted quicker than the rest of my arsenal) which is handy to know that I can just pop in to town for the essentials.
So I would like to give Michelle at Fluffy Mummy a big shout out and thank you for inspiring me to try these products, and fall in love with them!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooh I might have to give them a go! I'm such a sucker for nice packaging xx

Chloe said...

We have exactly the same skin type (teenage skin just shouldn't be allowed in your twenties!) and I absolutly swear by Cliniques anti-blemish range. I would literally die without their face wash, clarifying lotion, moisturiser and foundation from the range. Infact all their stuff is wonderful and if you go to  Debenhams they usually give you little tester pots for free! x

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comments ladies, I will definately pop over to the clinique counter next time I am passing by :)

And doesn't it suck having spotty skin, it should be a rule to grow out of it as soon as you hit 20!

Michelle said...

Oh yay, glad to have hopefully help you out! I think I have definitely started an addiction myself, I keep going to the LE site and putting everything in the basket before quickly closing the window!

Still it's my birthday soon and I've been dropping some not too subtle hints to Daddy!

xx

Anonymous said...

Hi I have the teenage type skin you mentioned only I'm fifty! My kids tell me I look younger and am unlined and I love Liz Earle products too as I have a strange dry patch combination going on!

Bee Designs said...

I am the same and i'm addicted to Liz Earle products. In fact, I need a trip to John Lewis to stock up too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...